Saturday, October 30, 2021

Short Story – The Halloween of A Drunk, British Girl (and the mockery of her friends) – Spooky Season Week, Day 6!




The Halloween of A Drunk, British Girl (and the mockery of her friends)


Read part 1 – The Poetry of A Drunk, British Girl (and the mockery of her friends)


*The following contains alcohol consumption.

"How have you never seen a scary movie?" Timmy asked, slamming a bottle of vodka down onto the coffee table.

"Because I don't like being scared," I stared at the bottle on the table, noting that Timmy hadn't procured any other drinks. "Is that all we have?"

"No, but it's all I'm getting." He sat back, reaching for the remote to the television, snatching it away before I could get it.

"Did you at least bring in shot glasses?" Amy asked as she walked into the room, and Timmy and I both leant back on the sofa to look at her upside down.

"Who needs shot glasses?" Vi leant forward and picked up the bottle, unscrewing the cap and taking a swig as Timmy, Amy and I watched. Her face didn't give away anything as she swallowed, putting the bottle back down on the table, and the cap down beside it, daring the rest of us to pick it up.

"Fine, I'll go," Timmy reached forward and picked it up. Amy left the room, saying something about refusing to drink from the bottle and that she'd be back in a minute with some glasses, as Timmy tipped the bottle back. I waited for his nose to crinkle, but to no avail – perhaps I was the only one whose entire face screwed up at the taste of vodka.

I heard the front door open, and I turned to look in the direction of it.

"Don't worry, everyone, the fun has arrived!" Noah walked into the room, shedding his coat and throwing it into the corner of the room.

"Where is it?" I asked, grinning, and he pulled a face at me, jumping over the back of the sofa and narrowly missing landing on me.

"It's right here," he leant towards me and pressed his lips against mine, and I closed my eyes, melting against him. His nose was cold as it brushed against mine.

"Please stop. Amy, hurry up and get in here, the lovebirds are making out again!" Vi called, and Noah smiled against my mouth.

"Just delivering the fun, Vi," Noah said, causing a very vocal reaction from Vi, who I was sure was about to walk over and sit between us.

"It's so annoying! I look over, and everything's fine, and I look over again and you're stuck together." Vi complained and Noah kissed me again, before sitting back, stretching his arm across my shoulders, and pulling me against him.

"Timmy wants to watch a scary movie, and I don't want to," I told Noah, and he stuck his bottom lip out, pouting down at me.

"Oh, dear. Are you scared?" he asked, and I stuck my tongue out at him, turning my back to him and folding my arms. "Poor Piper, scared of a movie," he grabbed me by my arms and wiggled his head into the crook of my neck, kissing my skin. I couldn't help but smile, and I shook my head at his antics. I couldn't stay mad at him.

"Stop it!" Vi half yelled, picking up a pillow and holding it across her face. "All the time!"

"What's going on?" Amy asked, finally returning.

"Where are the glasses?" Timmy asked, and Amy seemed to realise she hadn't brought anything back with her.

"Umm," she turned around and walked back to the kitchen, coming back seconds later with a stack of shot glasses.

"What were you doing in there?" I asked, trying and failing to get Noah to sit up properly and stop messing around.

"Nothing." I watched as her cheeks turned red, and grinned at her.

"Who were you texting?" Vi asked, and Amy picked up a pillow and threw it at her.

"No one, shut up. Put the movie on."

"Was it that girl you met at the coffee place?" Timmy asked, and Vi and I both turned to look at him. Noah even removed his face from my neck to stare as well.

"What? When? How do you know about this person and we don't?" I asked, accusingly.

"You trust Timmy with your secret girlfriends and you don't trust us?" Vi asked.

"Timmy is the least trustworthy of us!" Noah added, making Timmy attempt to hit him across the back of the head, but missing and nearly hitting me instead.

"I didn't tell Timmy, he just so happened to be there!" Amy said loudly, picking up her witch hat from the floor and pulling it down over her eyes.

"So there is a girl? He didn't make it up?" Noah asked and Amy, or rather the hat, nodded.

"What's her name? What does she look like? What's she like?" I hounded Amy.

"Where does she live? Does she like vodka and scary movies?" Vi added and Amy groaned from within the hat.

"I'm not inviting her over, you'll all embarrass me too much." She announced, just before the doorbell rang.

"Piper, you go." Vi deadpanned, and I sighed.

"Give me the hat then," I stood up and pulled that hat off Amy's head, putting it on my own instead. It went really well with my jeans and t-shirt. Very witch like.

There was a bowl of sweets waiting by the door, and I bent down to pick them up before I opened it, to a chorus of 'trick or treat!'

"I think I'll go with treat," I held out the bowl, waiting for the little fingers to find the contents. A parent stood off to the side, and nodded their thanks to me. I smiled back, as the children dropped their sweets into the baskets they carried. They thanked me, and I closed the door, picking out a sweet from the bowl and putting it in my mouth before anyone else realised I had taken one and asked me to bring them one as well.

"Turn the light off!" Timmy called, and I sighed, flicking the switch and plunging the room into darkness, other than the light the television emitted into the room.

"He chose a movie while you weren't here so you couldn't argue. I said it was unfair," Amy announced, and I slumped into the seat next to Noah. He wrapped his arm around me, and I curled up into him, ready to turn my head away from the screen and to close my eyes at any moment.

"Timmy, switch seats with me," Vi said, and I watched as she stood up, and waited for Timmy to move.

"Why?"

"Because." Timmy sighed, standing up and letting Vi sit down next to me. She shuffled up to me, and, as soon as Timmy pressed play and the title screen appeared, she reached for my arm and gripped it with enough force to cut of my circulation. I sat up a little, and leant closer to her.

"I thought you were all tough?" I whispered and she glowered at me.

"I don't like horror films," she whispered back, her teeth gritted, and I smiled, reaching for her hand.

"We'll survive." I leant back against Noah, with his arm around my shoulders, Vi's hand in mine, and her other hand around my bicep. I wouldn't be surprised if my arm were to drop off from lack of blood flow half way through the movie.

"I hope."


And done!

This is kind of a continuation from my other short story, in that it has the same characters. I missed them a bit, so they're back! And Piper and Noah have got together!

Not everything about Halloween has to be scary! So I decided just to scare my characters, rather than actually create something scary. 

*Throws a sheet over my head, and makes ghost noises* that's all for now...

Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment