Saturday, April 10, 2021

Writing Prompt Stories, Mini Stories That My Mind Cooked Up – Part 3



 "It's three in the morning..."


"And?" he leant again the doorframe, a small grin pulling at the left side of his mouth more than the right side. 

I blinked, shaking my head slightly in bemusement. Sighing, I stepped back, pulling the door open more. I let go of the handle, opting to pull the blanket higher up on my shoulders as he stepped into my apartment, closing the door behind him.

"I missed you," his hands came to rest on my shoulders and he leant down to press a kiss to my lips. I couldn't help but yawn as he pulled away and he looked down at me in amusement.

"Am I boring you?"

"No, Gray, but you did wake me up and I was having a very nice dream," I turned to walk into my bedroom and he followed me, turning the hallway light off as he passed the switch.

"Was I in it?" He asked and I smiled to myself as I pulled back the covers to my bed and climbed in, the blanket around my shoulders making a cocoon of warmth for me to snuggle into.

"No, but you know that guy in the movie we saw the other day? The hot one–"

"No! I don't need to hear that!" he fell into bed next to me, kicking his shoes off and sticking his feet under the covers. Giggling, I grabbed hold of his jumper and pulled him closer to me, abandoning my warmth cocoon in favour of the smell of night air that surrounded him, burying my face into his chest. His arms came to wrap around me, grabbing the discarded blanket and pulling it over me as he got comfortable.

"Did you come here to sleep? You know you have a bed at your place, right?" I mumbled into his jumper.

"Yeah, but I don't have you at my place, do I?" he whispered into my hair and I smiled sleepily, his words making me feel all tingly inside.

"Can you not sleep without me there?" I asked, shuffling closer as his body heat became more favourable than the blanket, my hand grabbing a fistful of his jumper and holding onto it tightly to keep him close as I yawned again, my eyes threatening to send me to sleep without any warning.

"Of course, not, Evie," his hand came to rest in my hair, "no one can sleep without their angel watching over them."

"Why is your angel at my house?" I mumbled, my brain half between consciousness and sleep and far too tired to understand what he was saying. He chuckled against my hair and the movement moved my head up and down, making me frown a little and snuggle closer, the sound of his heartbeat making me sleepier by the second as it lulled me to sleep.

"She lives here," he whispered and I nodded, my cheek rubbing against the material of his hoodie, pretending I understood.

"Does my landlord know that it's not just me living here?"

"Evie, I don't think you really understand me," he mumbled and I forced my eyes open, raising my head to look up at him.

"I always understand you."

"How?" he asked and I felt almost insulted by the smile on his face. Was he laughing at me?

"Because our souls are like this," I held up my hand and crossed my fingers in front of his face, to show him.

"Our souls are crossed?" he asked and I nodded. "Are they knotted together in an unbreakable bond?" I frowned, blinking sleep away, and nodded again. "Are they an indestructible force as long as they are together, and can never be apart?"

"Are you making fun of me?"

"No, I'm just being poetic, Evie," he chuckled and I frowned, not believing him.

"Why were you awake in the first place?"

"I missed you." I felt the frown slip from my face and a grin take over.

"You're adorable," I leaned forwards and kissed him.

"And you're exhausted, lie down and close your eyes," he smiled, guiding my head down to rest on his chest again.

"I love you," I mumbled, his jumper muffling my words and sleep clouding my brain.

"I love you more, little angel." I breathed out heavily and, as the breath left my body, making way for more air, my mind turned itself off, drifting to sleep with his breath against my hair, his arms wrapped around me and his heartbeat against my cheek, keeping me safe and enveloping me in everything that is him.


Generally, the things I write contain at least a little bit of murder and/or someone crying at some point, but apparently I'm feeling a little sappy today.

Also I didn't want to do the stereotypical:

"It's three in the morning..."

"I know, do you have a shovel? I need you to help me bury a body."

Anyway, post over, have a lovely day!

Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment