Saturday, February 27, 2021

Writing Prompt Stories, Mini Stories That My Mind Cooked Up



"I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified."


He grimaced as he said the words, his hands on my arms holding me close, but looking down, avoiding my eyes. 

"You're not in love with me," I reassured him, "you're fine." I brought my hands up to clutch at the sleeves of his jumper, a little voice in the back of my head whispering 'but what if?' I ignored it, there was no way he could be in love with me.

"But... I'm still scared, Piper," he whispered. A drop of liquid fell onto my hand and I realised he was crying.

"Hey, I'll prove it to you. Look at me," I said, my voice soft as I reached up to gently hold his chin, raising his head as he sniffed, his eyes tightly closed as he let me lift his head. "Open your eyes," I whispered, "trust me."

His eyebrows creased in apprehension as he slowly cracked open his eyes. The beautiful blue orbs that I had fallen in love with filled me with joy to my heart, two oceans filled with life and the glint of tears. I loved him, but I couldn't let him love me.

It wasn't barely a second later, when I had assured myself that it was fine, that I felt a sharp pain behind my eyes and his eyes went wide as I screamed 'no'.

He fell like a deadweight, crumpling to the floor, and my hands flew to my mouth, my vision blurring with tears. His eyes, his beautiful eyes, had gone dull, the spark gone. An ocean polluted, the dried up bed of an area once bursting with life, now devoid of oxygen.

My door flew open, my father hovering in the doorway.

"I heard a thump," he said, walking over to me and holding his arms out, letting me fall into them as I sobbed. "Don't worry, Piper, you couldn't have stopped him falling in love with you."

"I loved him," my nose was running and my voice damp with emotion as I pulled away from my father's embrace, crouching down next to him, brushing his hair out of his eyes, his beautiful eyes. I let my hand slide down his face, closing them. No one else would see the contrast of the beautiful blue eyes dulled out, no one but me. The image would haunt me, but I deserved it for letting him love me.

"I know it's not what you want to hear, Piper, but this curse is getting out of hand," my father said as I leaned down to kiss his forehead before it started going cold, pretending, my eyes shut tight to hold the tears in, that he was just sleeping. With a sigh, my father continued, "I'll put him with the others."


I don't think I'm the only one, but Pinterest is my best friend and a big thing on my Pinterest is writing prompts. Whenever I see them, I always have mini little scenes that play themselves out in my head, but my scenes are never long enough to be made into an actual story.

So you get to read my little stories!

I must admit, that is not where I expected that story to go. While there is potential, I am firmly in the belief that my little stories should remain just that, not be stretched out into novels, or actual short stories. I really enjoyed writing this, though, and would love to do more posts like this.

I've also been looking for a new series, other than Places To Read, to create and I'm thinking that maybe this could be one. I'm so serious about this idea, I even made a new banner for the series!

That's it for now, then.

Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment